The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile for March 14th, 2012
The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile
By: Chris "DOC" Bushley
( A weekly quick pick of the five titles that should reside at the top of your pull list. In no particular order!)
I do the research, you reap the reward! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, be sure to add these five titles to your list of goodies. Forget that apple a day nonsense, this "DOC's" prescription for good health starts with these top five books of the week!
1. Saga #1: Brian K. Vaughan makes a triumphant return to comics with a book that is epic in scope and execution! Think Star Wars meets Romeo and Juliet within the world of Neil Gaiman's Sandman! Told you it was epic!
2. Suicide Squad #7: We get to see Harley Quinn's full "New 52" origin in this one and it ain't pretty, kids! Adam Glass pulls no punches and that's perfectly fine by me!
3. Lobster Johnson: The Burning Hand #3 (of 5): Our pulp hero has to confront the diabolical Black Flame! But Lobster may have been overconfident in his abilities as he watches an ally fall! Great book!
4. Avengers #24: This might have been a little too fast paced but it is still pretty damn good! Bendis finally reveals just how good ol' Norman Osborn can take on the Avengers all on his own! Can anyone say, "Corn roll Hulk"?
5. Wolverine and the X-Men #7: Jason Aaron is insane! This book has a little bit of everything that no one would have ever put together! Plus, a new student will have to become something they have fought so hard to never become -- a killer!