The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile for February 8th, 2012
The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile
By: Chris "DOC" Bushley
(A weekly quick pick of the five titles that should reside at the top of your pull list. In no particular order!)
I do the research, you reap the reward! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, make sure you add these books to your list of goodies. Forget that apple a day nonsense, this "DOC's" prescription to good health starts with these top five books of the week!
1. Severed #7: Scott Snyder's classic look at American horror reaches it's conclusion! This is the best mini-series I have read in a very long time and if you haven't been reading this one -- you missed out on something amazing!
2. Wolverine and the X-Men #5: Kitty's pregnant, Beast teaches a biology class inside a living mutant and the school is completely out of money! Jason Aaron continues his fabulous run on a series that is both fun and thought provoking!
3. Suicide Squad #6: The hunt for Harley Quinn begins with this issue! Plus, this is the only place you will be seeing the Joker anytime soon, too bad it's only in flashbacks! Great story!
4. Lobster Johnson: The Burning Hand #2 (of 5): Mignola's pulp hero returns for his second mini-series and you will be kicking yourself if you don't pick this one up! B.P.R.D. fans will be pleasantly surprised by the last page reveal!
5. Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive #529: David Liss' fantastic work, on redefining the Black Panther for future generations, ends here with the series finale! This underrated character has never before been so appealing!