The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile for April 25th, 2012
The "DOC's" Top Of The Pile
By: Chris "DOC" Bushley
(A weekly quick pick of the five titles that should reside at the top of your pull list. In no particular order!)
I do the research, you reap the reward! Before you head out to your favorite shop today, be sure to add these books to your list of goodies. Forget that apple a day nonsense, this "DOC's" prescription to good health starts with these top five titles of the week!
1. AvX Vs. #1(of 6): Marvel's complete and utter slugfest book hits the shelves today! With battles surrounding Iron Man vs. Magneto and the Thing vs. Namor, do I really need to sell you on this book? Okay, then check out my full review here!
2. Supercrooks #2: Mark Millar continues his Ocean's Eleven style tale of criminals traveling to Spain to pull the biggest heist ever! Great writing and his patented, "Holy $#*%" moments, will keep you coming back for more! Brutally sadistic!
3. Uncanny X-Men #11: Juggy helmeted Colossus versus the Red Hulk? I'm already salivating! You will be too! This is a great book by Kieron Gillen and Greg Land that actually delivers on the promise of furthering the AvX tale along. Read my full review here!
4. American Vampire #26: Scott Snyder continues to push the envelope with this award winning series each and every month! A new storyline begins here about racial tension in 1950's Alabama. Not to mention a detective that isn't what he seems tracking down The Nocturnes, the band Travis listened to as he hunted Skinner Sweet!
5. The New Deadwardians #2: Dan Abnett's tale of divided social status between zombies and vampires in an alternate Victorian England, continues here. Who could have killed a vampire without using any of the known ways to do so, and why cut off his aristocratic hand? Chief Inspector George Suttle plans to find out! This is a great book!