Details on Apple's New iPhone 4S
While it may not be the "iPhone 5," it does have a number of upgrades and features. However, if you already own an iPhone 4, do you really need to upgrade to the 4S?
Here are the details:
• Available for pre-order on October 7th, and to purchase on Oct. 14th.
• The 16GB model will retail for $199, the 32GB for $299, with the 64GB for $399; all with 2 year contracts.
• Looks similar to the current iPhone 4, but the internals are upgraded with the new Apple A5 chip and 1 GB of RAM.
• First iPhone with dual-core processor and dual-core graphics.
• Up to 7x faster than previous versions of the iPhone.
• Features iOS 5, which is available to download for other iPhones on October 12th.
• New antenna system enabling users to switch between two antennas for better downloads and sound quality.
• A reported download speed of 14.4 Mbps, compared to the iPhone 4′s reported max 7.2 Mbps.
• A a new 8-megapixel camera that can take 3264×2448 images, which is an increase of 60% from the previous iPhone 4. The new camera can also take in 73% more light and is 33% faster. Includes a redesigned Image Signal Processor that has auto-face detection and 26% better white balance, as well as a new f2.4 lens for wider shots.
• Will have the ability to features "Siri," the iPhone 4S Voice Assistant. Currently in Beta, Siri merges artificial intelligence with the iPhone enabling users to communicate naturally with their iPhones. Example: “What’s the weather like today?” and the iPhone responds with the weather forecast.
• For the first time, the iPhone will be available for Sprint with unlimited data plans. Sprint recently invested heavily in the iPhone ($20 Billion) agreeing to purchase 30.5 million iPhones in the next four years, which is currently more than their subscriber base.
• Also available through ATT&T and Verizon.
• The previous iPhone 4 will be priced at $99 with a 2 year plan.
• Regarding the older 3GS iPhone, Apple will offer it for free with a 2 year plan.