Carrie Fisher Confirms Star Wars Episode VII Involvement Again
Previously, Carrie Fisher confirmed she will be reprising as Prince Leia for J.J. Abrams and Star Wars Episode VII.
However, her PR people were quick to say that Fisher was joking.
However, now Carrie Fisher confirms her involvement in Star Wars Episode VII once again while attending the Calgary Comic Expo.
Seems Disney is going to her into shape for the movie.
Most likely, J.J. Abrams and Disney are waiting on some big event to make the announcement that Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford are signed on for Star Wars Episode VII; perhaps at this Summer's Comic-Con.
The Calagary Herald reports:
Yes, Carrie Fisher confirmed to a rapt audience at the BMO Centre Saturday afternoon that she will in fact be reprising her most famous role of Princess Leia in a new series of Star Wars films, which will be produced by Disney. She was the first of the original cast members to announce her participation back in March, although apparently jumped the gun. Her publicist later said she was joking and that nothing had been confirmed.
However, it seems to be a done deal now. But for fans looking for a sneak-peek of what to expect in the new film, Fisher didn’t offer many juicy details.
“I like being bought by Disney, because they never wanted to buy me before,” she said during a talk at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. “I’m glad they are doing a new movie because they are sending a trainer to my house so I can get in really good shape. So I’m really eating a lot of sugar in advance, as you can see. By the time I really get down to it I will have eaten everything.
Star Wars Episode VII has a 2015 release date.
Head on over to the Cosmic Book News Star Wars hub for more news.