Watch: Ben Affleck Talks Batman Justice League Tactical Suit
It's been revealed that Batman's Armored suit gets an upgrade in Justice League to the Batman tactical suit.
Director Zack Snyder previously revealed a look at the new Batman tactical suit for Justice League, and now Ben Affleck chimes in.
“There’s two suits in Justice League,” Affleck says in an interview with Extra. “One is the one that we’ve seen before, and then one that he augments because of the nature of the mission, which I can’t give away. But it was a chance for them to play with the suit and add elements to it and kind of tech it out, and I thought they did a really good job. It was really fun.”
Ben Affleck also confirms he is directing the next standalone Batman movie.
"That's right," Affleck confirmed. "Yeah, that's what they say."
Affleck continued by confirming J.K. Simmons will be in the Batman movie returning as Commissioner Gordon from Justice League (Affleck and Simmons also star in The Accountant).
"J.K. Simmons will be in it. Just like [The Accountant]," Affleck enthusiastically offered, "I want to do all my movies with JK."
Watch the video below with Ben Affleck talking the Batman tactical suit in Justice League. Below you can also find out everything we know about the Batman tactical suit. The Batman movie is about a year and a half away; The Accountant opens October 14th.
• Offers more protection for a human taking on super-powered adversaries, such as Parademons, other dimensional bad guys like Steppenwolf, etc.
• Features a lot more armor than the classic Batman costume.
• The Batman tactical suit is layered so it still looks streamlined and sleek.
• Not as bulky as the Batman Vs. Superman armored suit (enabling Batman to move faster).
• Will be featured in the final act of Justice League.
• Costume designer Michael Wilkinson said the Batman tactical suit will allow him to "step up his game" -- allowing Batman to take on powerful forces without losing a step.
• Regarding the googles, Wilkinson offered: "We loved the way, in the comic books, that Batman's always drawn with these white flashes for eyes. So we played around with ways of doing that, and realized that they would sort of catch the light, to call to mind that classic age from the comic books."
• It' speculated Batman will also need the googles to operate the Nightcrawler and Flying Fox.
• The Batman tactical suit has also been described as a new and improved version of the Armored Batman suit (and again said to appear at the end of Justice League).
"Justice League" has a November 17, 2017 release directed by Zack Snyder starring Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Ezra Miller as The Flash, Ray Fisher as Cyborg, J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon and Willem Dafoe the an Atlantean, Nuidis Vulko.
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.