Batman Tactical Suit Explained
Earlier today saw Zack Snyder release a first look at the Ben Affleck Batman tactical suit for Justice League.
Per the norm, some people love the Batman tactical suit, while others are comparing it to the Nite Owl costume from Snyder's Watchmen movie.
Details on the Batman tactical suit actually came out months ago as part of the Justice League set visit revealing the use of the goggles was implemented to give Batman that iconic white-eyed look from the comic books.
Details for the Batman tactical suit in Justice League include:
• Offers more protection for a human taking on super-powered adversaries, such as Parademons, other dimensional bad guys like Steppenwolf, etc.
• Features a lot more armor than the classic Batman costume.
• The Batman tactical suit is layered so it still looks streamlined and sleek.
• Not as bulky as the Batman Vs. Superman armored suit (enabling Batman to move faster).
• Will be featured in the final act of Justice League.
• Costume designer Michael Wilkinson said (via Cinema Blend) the Batman tactical suit will allow him to "step up his game" -- allowing Batman to take on powerful forces without losing a step.
• Regarding the googles, Wilkinson offered: "We loved the way, in the comic books, that Batman's always drawn with these white flashes for eyes. So we played around with ways of doing that, and realized that they would sort of catch the light, to call to mind that classic age from the comic books."
• It' speculated Batman will also need the googles to operate the Nightcrawler and Flying Fox.
• The Batman tactical suit has also been described as a new and improved version of the Armored Batman suit (and again said to appear at the end of Justice League).
"Justice League" has a November 17, 2017 release directed by Zack Snyder starring Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Ezra Miller as The Flash, Ray Fisher as Cyborg, J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon and Willem Dafoe as the Atlantean, Nuidis Vulko.
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.