20 Guardians of the Galaxy 2 & Marvel Tidbits From James Gunn
Here are few tidbits of interest from the video which James Gunn mentioned. Below you can also check out set pics from rehearsals featuring the cast.
• Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 starts filming in Atlanta on Thursday early in the morning.
• Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is not focusing on an Infinity Stone.
• Tyler Bates is returning to score, with Gunn stating it may be his best music/song yet.
• Gunn confirms Benicio Del Toro is not returning as The Collector.
• No Supernova for Vol. 2.
• Nova is not in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
• Gunn talked how there is more of Michael Rooker's Yondu and Karen Gillan's Nebula (both are rumored/speculated to join the Guardians team).
• Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will feature more of Kraglin, played by Gunn's brother, Sean Gunn, who also provides motion reference for Rocket Raccoon on set (Gunn stressed his brother was not a sit-in for Rocket, but rather a motion-reference as they record Sean Gunn's movements and facial reactions, etc.).
• Marvel has a lot to do with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; they are the producers on the movie; Gunn respects their opinions a lot.
• Ronan will not be featured in the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel.
• James Gunn confirms a new female cast member for the Guardians of the Galaxy team and says she was the easiest to cast: "...most awesome and easiest person I've ever had to cast and blew me the fuck away. Really. She is amazing, and I can't wait to share her with the world." (Mantis is rumored to have joined the team played by Pom Klementieff, but it's unclear if that is who Gunn is referring to).
• A fan asked Gunn to say "Adam Warlock," which Gunn did (and that was all he said).
• Gunn said he isn't sure if he will direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (takes one movie at a time, has a lot of offers for other stuff, etc.).
• Nope. Beta Ray Bill wasn't in the Collector's collection in the first movie.
• Peter Quill doesn't go to the Negative Zone when the Infinity Stone almost kills him (Marvel doesn't own the Negative Zone, Fox does).
• Gunn also confirms one of the older Guardians of the Galaxy scripts mentioned Negative Zone, but they couldn't use it because Fox owns it.
• Gunn confirms they are not telling Spider-Man's orign story again.
• Gunn is also asked about rivalries between DC and Marvel, in which he also talks about different studios owning different Marvel characters and mentions how Marvel TV and Marvel Studios are different: "There is Marvel TV who is pretty disconnected from Marvel Film, which is owned by Disney, and that's really not connected at all."
• Gunn also said he is looking forward to seeing Deadpool, Batman Vs. Superman and especially Bryan Singer's X-Men: Apcolypse.
"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" has a May 5, 2017 release starring Chris Pratt as Star-Lord, Zoe Salana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax, with Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot, Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket Racoon, Michael Rooker as Yondu and Karen Gillan as Nebula.